Measuring and Improving Employee Engagement Scores

Duration: 90 minutes

Only about 30% of U.S. employees are “engaged,” according to workplace behavioral experts. The other 70% are sleepwalking at best, actively sabotaging their company at worst, and all of them are costing your company money. Take a minute to really think through that statistic; SEVENTY PERCENT of your employees are likely sucking the energy out of your company rather than adding to it. It’s a scary number. Scarier still, disengaged employees lower the morale and productivity of your overall workforce. Plus, they are more likely to drive customers away and steal from employers.


You may be thinking “Baloney! We would notice if 70% of our employees are underperforming!” But the reality is that you probably wouldn’t. Your engaged employees are four to five times more productive than your disengaged ones. In other words, your engaged employees are, without realizing it, “making up” for your disengaged ones.

Many companies have attempted to deal with employee disengagement by surveying employees, having managers create action plans and re-surveying a year later. Unfortunately those surveys show similar low-engagement scores year after year. It’s a vicious cycle of disengagement that Gallup says has been spinning for 15 years.

It’s time to shake things up. This webinar will show you how to do it.

LEARNING OBJECTIVES

After this session, managers and HR will know how to:

  • Establish engagement goals
  • Create an engagement program that delivers consistent, measurable results
  • Build trust within teams and between employees and managers, and why trust is a key factor in engagement
  • Hire for engagement
  • Utilize data to raise engagement scores and increase productivity

    ABOUT THE SPEAKER

    Dick Finnegan has been cited by BusinessWeek, Chief Executive Magazine, and Consulting Magazine as the leading thinker on employee retention. His books have included:

    The Power of Stay Interviews for Engagement and Retention, the top-selling SHRM-published book of all time. Rethinking Retention in Good Times and Bad was excerpted globally by BusinessWeek, which said Dick’s work “offers fresh thinking for solving the turnover problem in any economy.”

    The Stay Interview: A Manager’s Guide to Keeping the Best and Brightest will be published globally by AMACOM in early 2015 in 20+ languages

    HR’s Greatest Challenge: Driving the C-Suite to Improve Employee Engagement and
    Retention.

    Finnegan’s U.S. clients have included the Adventist Healthcare System, Sprint, Hilton, GE, Johnson & Johnson, as well as the CIA. His international work has spanned six continents, including Siberian banks and African gold mines. He also partners with the Chinese HR Excellence Center to conduct employee retention programs across China.

    Certification

    This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hour(s) through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) & Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).

    What You Get With Each Option

    Live Recording

    Live Only

    Participation in the live upcoming webinar

    Recording

    Recording Only

    Full MP4 recording of webinar, including Q&A. Choose digital download or CD-ROM by mail.

    Live and Recording

    Live + Recording

    Participation in the live webinar + Full MP4 Recording. For recording, choose digital download or CD-ROM by mail.

    Event Package

    Event Value Pack

    Participation in the live webinar + Full MP4 Recording + Audio-only MP3 recording. For recordings, choose digital download or CD-ROM by mail.

    What You Get With Each Option close

    Live Recording

    Live Only

    Participation in the live upcoming webinar

    Recording

    Recording Only

    Full MP4 recording of webinar, including Q&A. Choose digital download or CD-ROM by mail.

    Live and Recording

    Live + Recording

    Participation in the live webinar + Full MP4 Recording. For recording, choose digital download or CD-ROM by mail.

    Event Package

    Event Value Pack

    Participation in the live webinar + Full MP4 Recording + Audio-only MP3 recording. For recordings, choose digital download or CD-ROM by mail.

    About Webinar Connections close

    Each purchase is for ONE computer to access the session.
    A group may participate in a room together as long as only 1 computer is logged in.
    If you need more than one computer to access the webinar, please call customer service at 888-479-2777.
    A charge will apply for each connection.